How do I prepare for my free consultation? When meeting with one of our pet sitters for the first time, there are a few things you can do to ensure a successful meeting:
- Make the time. Set aside one hour to meet with your sitter. This hour should be free of distractions. The info we gather is important to us and we want to get it right the first time!
- No calls, please. Turn off your cell phone, and set your answering machine to pick up any incoming calls to your home phone.
- Gather up the gang! Have your pets ready to meet with your sitter.
- Collect important information ahead of time. You should have these names and numbers ready for your sitter when she arrives: The name and number of your Vet & Emergency Vet preference, your pets' proof of vaccination (or note the lack thereof), & an emergency contact person and phone number.
- Have two copies of your house keys and your checkbook ready. If you do decide to hire us by the end of our meeting, this is when we will collect both your house keys and your payment for services scheduled. Check your keys in the door lock ahead of time - sometimes copies do not work at first.
- If you do decide to become a client of Nunn Better!, we will confirm our agreement with a signed contract at the end of the consultation. We will also provide a vet release form for your convenience.